I’ve been very interested in finding out my ‘Why’ recently. I’ve been reading Simon Sineks ‘Start with Why’ and struggled to define my Why, despite it being a very good book, translating it to a design career didnt quite click! I came across this blog post and it contains some very good questions that not only helped me get nearer to a why but also on what I should be concentrating on in my life, what i should be achieving and where I should be spending my money.
The article asks 20 questions (Taken from here)
- What amount of money do you want to make?
- What places would you like to visit in the world?
- What type of job would you like to do each day?
- What would your perfect day look like in terms of how you spent your time and what you were doing?
- What are the characteristics of your perfect spouse?
- What do you want to look like?
- What do you want to give back to the world?
- What do you want to be known for?
- What are the things you believe in most?
- What people can help you get to where you want to go?
- What are the things you would like to have?
- What are the most exciting things you’d like to try?
- What events would you like to go to?
- What type of house do you want to have?
- What people would you like to meet?
- What amount of money do you want to have at retirement?
- What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
- What things would have to happen in order to accomplish that huge dream?
- What do you want people to think of when they think of you?
- What people do you want to spend most of your time with?
Drop your answers in the comments section below, I’m really interested to find out what you would do if you couldn’t fail?